Welcome

Welcome to my blog...My Rambling Country Heart. This is a place where I can express some of my favorite things. I hope you like my posts and will comment on them.





Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh, My Aching Green Thumb

It is March 2. Way too early to get really serious about planting most plants or seeds in the garden. Our last freeze of the season could be as late as May 1.  I have looked at all my garden catalogs until they are just about to come loose from the staples that bind them. I have purchased seeds. I plan to start some of them tomorrow in my mini green house in the garage. I have pruned my peach tree, Rose of Sharon shrub, and lower branches of my live oak trees. I have dug up and completed three of my nine raised gardens. There are two large pots on the patio that have newly planted gardenias in them. Also six pots of herbs are on the porch. I planted brussel sprouts, broccali, and onions in a rose garden. Oh yes, I have pruned nine rose bushes. I moved a huge rose from one garden to another. It doesn't know it is a different garden spot. It has even put on new leaves. I bought a flowering quince and planted it too. But it is still to early to plant my flowering plants and seeds. So what do I do now? Let me see....where did I put that new garden catalog?

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! I want to see pictures of your raised beds. I have always wanted those.

    ReplyDelete