Welcome

Welcome to my blog...My Rambling Country Heart. This is a place where I can express some of my favorite things. I hope you like my posts and will comment on them.





Monday, July 4, 2011

Hummingbirds

I love hummingbirds. I always put out several feeders each spring. This picture is a treasure to me. A hummingbird made her nest under the porch just eight feet from my daughter in law's back door. The nest was on top of a wind chime that is made of old spoons. Mama Hummer was very hospitable in allowing us to occassionally drag up a ladder and peak in. We watch from the time of the eggs to when the babies finally flew off. I guess the accommadations were so comfy that Mama came back the next year also.  We pretty much left her alone that year. She raised her second brood and never returned to that spot. Now when a hummingbird whizzes by I wonder if it is related to the 'Spoon' family.

No comments:

Post a Comment