Welcome

Welcome to my blog...My Rambling Country Heart. This is a place where I can express some of my favorite things. I hope you like my posts and will comment on them.





Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It is way too early for my Morning Glories to poke their heads through the brown windswept grass of winter. But today is such a beautiful day that it reminds me of what is to come. Two weeks ago, we had sleet and 10 degree weather. This week is sunny with soft southern winds breezing along. The temperature today is 72. The weatherlady (Ha, fooled you. You thought I was going to say weatherman) has promised close to 80 by Friday. Then a hint of possible rain showers this weekend. We need the rain so badly. Our dry parched earth is critically exposed to fires. Here in the prairie land the fires spread so quickly expecially when the wind is strong. Today I will concentrate on spring flowers and birds building their new nests. I think I will go on the back porch with a glass of iced tea and say "Ahhhhh:.

1 comment:

  1. Iced tea sounds wonderful. Wish I was there to sit a while with you.

    ReplyDelete